This month, we have updates to the following services: Geocoder API, Geocoder Autocomplete API, Routing API, Traffic API, Transit API, Geovisualization, Custom Route Extension, Geofencing Extension, Platform Data Extension, Route Match Extension and Toll Cost Extension.
Summary of enhancements:
- Avoid countries feature in the Routing API
- Arrival time option in Custom Route Extension API
- New content Road Roughness in Platform Data Extension now commercially available
- HERE Mobile SDK User Interface (UI) kit update.
Detailed information of these major improvements:
- GB full postal codes are now being extended to Northern Ireland.
- New Exclude Countries feature which enables computation of routes avoiding indicated countries.
- Improved performance of Tiles responses
- Improvements in Split Lane traffic generation.
Custom Route Extension API
- Added arrival time to allow for the user to find out when to start to arrive at a certain point
- Added stopOver option for waypoints to specify the wait or loading time at each waypoint
- Added an option to submit overlays by means of a POST request.
Platform Data Extension API
- Road Roughness layer that provides the average roughness category applied to a road segment now commercially available
- Truck Speed Limit layer now also contains street level limits (previously purely admin wide ones)
- Road geometry layers have new columns overpass and underpass.
HERE Mobile SDK User Interface (UI) kit
- Added support for the upcoming HERE Mobile SDK version 3.6
- Added extended example applications with source code for:
- Added translations for 14 languages
- Change: Due to API changes in the upcoming Mobile SDK, the minimum SDK version increased to 3.5. Supported SDK versions are now 3.5 and 3.6.
The following services had new releases with minor changes:
- Geocoder Autocomplete API (Version 6.2.149)
- Geofencing Extension API (Version 2.1.8)
- Route Match Extension API (Version 2.1.21)
- Toll Cost Extension API (Version 2.4.16)