This month's updates to the HERE Platform include support for Republic of Ireland postal codes, known as Eircodes.
Summary of updates:
- Geocoder now supports postal codes for the Republic of Ireland, known as Eircodes
- Places API now supports search queries of the form: [Chain]/[Category] "near" [Intersection] or [POI]
- New feature in Custom Route Extension to block existing private roads within the area of newly submitted roads
Detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
- The noWrap option in the map allows to disable wrapping of the world on the longitudal axis.
- The service now supports postal codes for the Republic of Ireland, known as Eircodes.
- We added a new optional client element in the locate request body. The information about the client hardware and software can be used to further improve the positioning service quality.
- Updated TDA service with new Taiwan market ID F1D13.
- Performance improvement.
- Search now supports queries of the form: [Chain]/[Category] "near" [Intersection]. For example: "Mcdonalds near Cucumber and Vine"
- Search now supports queries of the form: [Chain]/[Category] "near" [POI]. For example: "parking near New England Aquarium"
Venue Maps API
- Content types Image tiles and POI Models have been deprecated and will be removed at a future date.
Custom Route Extension
- New feature to block existing private roads within the area of newly submitted roads. Required when refining/replacing existing map geometry, e.g. in facility maps, to suppress less fine grained existing roads. See &private_link_handling=PLAIN/UNCONNECTED/DROPEXISTING.
- New parameter to require a certain match quality. Required when adding to existing map geometry, e.g. in facility maps, to avoid snapping to nearby existing roads. See &max_distance_to_match, &min_match_confidence (does an attribute override accept a poorly matching road geometry or not) and &max_distance_to_connect (does a new road connect to a nearby link or stay as dead end).
HERE Mobile SDK User Interface (UI) kit
- Better landscape orientation support
- Improved traffic data handling
- WaypointItemDelegate protocol is deprecated in the iOS and will be removed with the next release
The packages are available for download for:
The following services had new releases with minor changes:
- Geocoder Autocomplete API (Version 6.2.151)
- Custom Location Extension (Version 2.1.23)