One of the great things about being in a DevRel organization is the ability to connect with our developer community face to face at events, meet ups, hackathons, you name it. You may have noticed that lots of companies and events these days are shifting from being in-person to virtual, given the social distancing guidelines during our global pandemic. HERE is no different. With that in mind, we thought it’d be good to give you a run down of where we’ll “be” this month – virtually, of course, because social distancing.
You probably know by now that we’re active on Twitch. Well, you can expect a lot more of us there in the coming weeks. We started a new series “Home Office Hours” where we spend time with one of our evangelists to see what they’re up to while at home, and have kicked off season 2 of “HERE Expedition” (formerly known as Explore XYZ) to show you the latest in HERE Studio and HERE Datahub. Fret not if you missed the first few episodes of those shows, all our livestreams are posted on our YouTube channel.
Where else can you find us? Glad you asked, read on, my friend.
- Geo Challenge | Online hackathon for the developer community in Serbia | Started April 1, 2020
- MIIGAiK Eco Hack | Online hackathon for environmentalists in Russia | Starts today! April 3-5, 2020
- Pandemic TechHack | Online hackathon focused on supporting Egypt’s response to COVID-19 | April 5-8, 2020
- HERE Expedition Season 2 Episode 2 - Maps and JAMstack: Raymond Camden will discuss different ways of using our maps and APIs in the JAMstack. (hey, that’s me!) | April 15, 2020 @ 10:00AM PST
- Coming soon! We're launching a multi-week online Covid-19 hackathon in the APAC region. Stay tuned for more info - we're planning multiple webinars and a few livestreams to support participants throughout the hackathon. | April - May 2020
Check back here for updates to this month’s calendar and to find out where we’ll be next month. In the meantime, you can always join the HERE developer community on Slack, or give us a holler on Twitter.
Oh, and one last thing – have you been following along with our #100daysofcode challenges? This is a way for you to hone your skills bit by bit, day by day. You can find the solutions to our challenges on Twitter, our Developer Blog, and on YouTube.