This month's highlights include filtering on postal codes for countries in the Geocoder Autocomplete API and an avoid U-turns features in the Routing API.
Updates are related to the following services: Geocoder API, Geocoder Autocomplete API, Routing API, Map Tile API, Custom Location Extension, Custom Route Extension, Geofencing Extension, Fleet Connectivity Extension, Platform Data Extension, Route Match Extension, Toll Cost Extension, Waypoint Sequence Extension and Map Data.
Summary of updates:
- Geocoder Autocomplete API now allows filtering on postal codes for countries
- New International Map Data release deployed for hybrid clients for Mobile SDK (Android SDK, iOS SDK)
- Avoid U-turns feature introduced in Routing API.
Detailed information on these improvements of the HERE Location Suite services:
- The service has increased coverage for Eircodes for the Republic of Ireland
- Improvements have been made for some US address queries.
Geocoder Autocomplete API
- Changes have been made for GBR to return the full postal code in Autocomplete
- A new parameter has been introduced to allow filtering on postal codes for countries. This filter requires that the "&country" is provided with a 3-letter ISO code and that a new parameter "&resultType" is also provided.
Map Data for Mobile SDK
Version 18.104.22.168 (Q1 2018, (January 2018))
- Cambodia intermediate coverage is exposed to all platform customers. Previously it was on purpose downgraded to entry map coverage on compilation phase due to legal considerations.
- Increased bundle size from 128Kb to 256Kb to overcome map index (MAP.IDX) size growth beyond limits that are supported by existing clients
- Enabled Cyprus country label display in all political views except Turkey view
- Improved border representation between Chile and Argentina to be compliant with government requirements
- Improvements to address offline search and voice search issues with Abington and Mahwah townships (USA)
- POI categories configuration improvements for Speech Recognition artifacts (added "charging station(s)" as alternative name for EV Charging Station POIs)
- Updated land parcels data for Australia and New Zealand with November 2017 data
- Updated 2D Generalized Signs to 2D Signs SR2 171G (Q4/17) product
- Improved Public Transit compilation in order not to exclude some travel arcs due to day-by-day schedule of transit lines
- Fixed issue with Cancún (Mexico) not being displayed
- Fixed issue with Norfolk Island (NFK) not available in offline search results
- Compiler improvements to decrease amount of unused legacy code.
Public Transit Improvements:
- New coverage for United Kingdom, Switzerland and Iceland
- New data for Nürnberg (Germany) and Vienna (Austria).
The following packages for on device map loading (ODML) were updated Cambodia added as download package under Asia
- Thailand split into sub-regions: Central Thailand, Northern Thailand, Northeast Thailand and Southern Thailand
- Vietnam split into sub-regions: Northern Vietnam, Central Vietnam and Southern Vietnam
- Philippines split into sub-regions: Luzon‚ Visayas and Mindanao
- Malaysia split into sub-regions: Peninsular Malaysia and East Malaysia.
The following services had new releases with minor changes:
- Geocoder Autocomplete API (Version 6.2.151)
- Custom Location Extension (Version 2.5.2)
- Custom Route Extension (Version 2.5.2)
- Geofencing Extension (Version 2.5.2)
- Fleet Connectivity Extension (Version 1.3.10)
- Platform Data Extension (Version 1.6.19)
- Route Match Extension (Version 2.5.2)
- Toll Cost Extension (Version 2.5.2)
- Waypoint Sequence Extension (Version 3.0.9)