A series of enhancements and updates to the HERE Platform services are now available on our production environment. These enhancements are related to the following services:
Summary of the release enhancements:
- Initial launch of Embedded Editor
- Launch of the Maps Feedback API on the developer.here.com
- New Traffic API incidents endpoint has new format and supports more incidents information
- More customization opportunities in Custom Route Extension API
- New premium package “Live Traffic Speed record” in Platform Data Extension
Below, you can find detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
- A tile provider that enables you to overlay user defined geospatial information, provided by the Custom Location Extension, on the map.
Maps Feedback API
The HERE Map Feedback API is a REST API that allows you to improve the map experience by submitting feedback to HERE and to check the status of the feedback you have submitted.
- Street Level Imagery (SLI) Blurring Feedback Attributes no longer require areaOnImage.
- Added support for product feedback.
- Added support for road network feedback.
Embedded Map Editor
The Embedded Map Editor is a ready-to-use, customizable map editor that provides feedback on maps to HERE. It can be integrated into web and mobile customer environments either as an iframe within a web page or as a WebView/WKVebView component on an Android or iOS device. The Embedded Map Editor enables you to embed an iframe in your pages that allows your customers to provide feedback on HERE maps.
- Can be customized to control the user experience in terms of UI, use cases, and languages.
- Any content submitted via the Embedded Editor is reviewed by HERE before the data in the HERE maps is updated.
- Support for intersections in Chile using Spanish terms is available.
- The Forward Geocoder now finds named highway ramps in selected countries.
- It is now possible to find German city names that include bracketed qualifiers coming from region or landmark names without the additional qualifier in queries.
- Added support for Incidents TML version 2.3. Access is provided via the
/traffic/6.2/incidentsendpoint. The new incidents format supports DLR Incidents, non-roadway events and other improvements. The old endpoint
/traffic/6.1/incidentsis still available and will be supported at least for 6 months.
- The Data Lens product renamed to Geovisualization.
- A Data Manager portal available for a management overview of Datasets and Queries.
- Infrastructure improvements.
Custom Location Extension API
- WKT files can now contain a GEOMETRY_ID column for uploading. If this column is provided, its values must be numeric and unique.
- Following filter expressions are now executing much faster:
COL_NAME == "str"
COL_NAME === "str"
COL_NAME != "str"
COL_NAME !== "str"
COL_NAME.indexOf("str") >= 0
Custom Route Extension API
- Dead end links can be inserted.
- Sequences and graphs of new links can be inserted.
- One way directions can be changed.
Platform Data Extension API
- Added new layers that contain the live traffic speed record of the last 7 days for every 15 minutes.
- Made Point Address layer commercially available.
The following services had new releases with minor changes:
- Map Image API (Version 126.96.36.199)
- Map Tile API (Version 188.8.131.52)
- Public Transit API (Version 3.0.1)
- Fleet Connectivity Extension API (Version 1.3.2)
- Route Match Extension API (Version 2.1.15)
- Toll Cost Extension API (Version 2.4.10)
- Waypoints Sequence Extension API (Version 2.3.0)
HERE Platform for Business Team