A series of enhancements and updates to the HERE Platform services are now available on our production environment. These enhancements are related to the following services:
The release is mainly a maintenance release.
Summary of enhancements:
- Initial launch of Custom Route Extension
- Geocoder: added support of new Armenia Intermediate Map
- Major release of Public Transit API following refactoring of all endpoints to a new format.
- Introduced new road layers in Platform Data Extension
Below you can find detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
Custom Route Extension API
- CRE allows for calculating routes with custom deviations and preferences. The service is available through a routing interface that connects with the HLP Router for the standard route calculation, but provides custom routes while taking into account all custom data.
- For more information, see the Custom Route Extension Developer's Guide
- Added support of small municipalities for the district level of the administrative hierarchy in Peru.
- Updated Armenia maps to include additional administrative levels and the local language.
Public Transit API
This is a major release following refactoring of all endpoints to a new format. In other words, the API endpoint format have been changed from
Key changes are:
- all endpoints now start with version, that is /v3/, followed by a resource name;
- the versioning now applies to the whole API and not for individual endpoints;
- the documentation versioning will correspond to the API versions.
However for now the coming releases will continue to support all deprecated endpoints (with old parameter names).
Custom Location Extension API
- Improved performance of the substring search expressions
COL_NAME.indexOf("my_substring") >= 0 and
COL_NAME.startsWith("my_prefix") for updatable layers.
Platform Data Extension API
- Introduced new layers
ROAD_NAME_FC5. This makes the
NAMES column in the
ROAD_GEOM_FCn layers obsolete.
NAMES column in the
ROAD_GEOM_FCn layers is deprecated and will be removed by May 2017.
The following services had new releases with minor changes:
- Java Script API (Version 188.8.131.52)
- Geocoder Autocomplete API (Version 6.2.135)
- Traffic API (Version 184.108.40.206)
- Data Lens (Version 2.4.0)
- Fleet Connectivity Extension API (Version 1.3.1)
- Route Match Extension API Version 2.1.14
- Waypoints Sequence Extension API (Version 2.2.9)
- HERE Android SDK Premium Edition (Version 3.3.1)
- HERE iOS SDK Premium Edition (Version 3.3.1)
HERE Platform for Business Team