What Is the Routing API?
The HERE Routing API is a web service API that offers easy and fast routing for several regions in the world.
The Routing API provides the following capabilities:
- Calculate a route for a set of waypoints
- Calculate an area that can be reached by travelling a given distance, time or by using a given amount of fuel/energy
- Calculate a matrix of routes between many start points and destinations
The following static routing attributes are supported in all HERE digital map formats and are available in the Routing API:
- form of way (such as roundabouts, ramps, service roads)
- road numbers
- direction of traffic flow (such as one-way, two-way, divided highway)
- road condition
- network classifications
- blocked passages
- special restrictions
- restricted maneuvers
- toll roads
- speed categories
- built-up areas
- carpool lanes (high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes)
- seasonal closures
The map contains information about time dependent restrictions. When a restriction is enforced during specific periods (for instance, during some hours of the day, or on some specific days, or a combination of the two), the restriction is avoided only when needed given that a departure time was specified in the request.
In addition, maps can be enhanced with
- pedestrian information
- pathways through parks, plazas, buildings, bridges, and tunnels