Any user can create projects. Org Admins and Projects Admins can give/remove apps, groups and users access to/from a project. The user who creates a project becomes the Project Admin for that project. Org Admins and Project Admins can change Project Admin permissions of Users, including their own. Project Admins can only administer those projects for which they have admin permissions. Org Admins can manage all Projects, even if they haven’t been explicitly granted Project Admin permissions.
Note: about Project context
When working with projects including the creation of project resources or viewing lists of resources in a project, you will observe the project context displayed. For example:
You may change the project context to another project, opt to view all projects or simply remove the project context filter altogether depending on what resources you’re interested in.
- Open the Projects Manager from the Launcher.
- Click Create new project.
- Enter a name for the project (project names don't have to be unique).
- Enter a Project ID. Project IDs must be unique with an Org and cannot be changed for the lifetime of the Org. Project IDs must be between 4 and 16 characters in length.
- Enter an optional description.
- Click Save.
- In the Projects Manager, click the project to which you want to give a user, group or an app access to. Select the Access and permissions tab to view a list of users, groups and apps with access to the project.
- Click Give access.
- Select from either user, group or app type.
- Enter the name in the search field to find the desired user, group or app by name.
- Select the desired name and click Give access. The name is now listed.
- In the Projects Manager, click the project in which you want to remove a user, group or an app access from. Select the Access and permissions tab to view a list of users, groups and apps with access to the project.
- Click the ellipsis menu to remove the user, group or app access to the project. A Remove from project button appears.
- On the popup dialog, click the Remove button to confirm.
Any manager of an App can set or change the default Project for the app from the App details page by selecting the "Change default project" menu option. Subsequently selecting a project in the dialog will set that project as the default Project scope for the App. The manager can permit access to other projects by the App as well.
Only Org and Project admins can change User project permissions. Org Admins can change User permissions on any Project. Project Admins are restricted to change Users permissions for only those projects for which > they have admin permissions.
Note: While an app cannot be given Org Admin or Group Admin rights, it is permitted to make an app a Project Admin in the same manner as you may make a user a Project Admin. Groups cannot be Project Admins.
- Click on the Access and Permissions tab of your project to view a list of users, apps and groups with access to the project.
- Click the ellipsis menu to change Project Admin permissions for a user or an app. A Make project admin button appears if the User or App is not already an admin. A Revoke project admin button appears if the User or App is an admin. Clicking the appropriate button will immediately change the Project Admin permissions for the user or app.
Only new catalogs can be created in a project or you may link to an existing HERE catalog from a project.
- In the Projects Manager, click the project to which you want to add a catalog to and select the Resources tab.
- Click Add catalog and choose to either Link a HERE catalog or Create a new catalog
- When Linking a HERE catalog you are presented with a list of catalogs provided by HERE. Click the Link button for the desired catalog. It will appear in your list of project catalog with a link icon next to the catalog name. Simply click unlink to remove the catalog link from your project.
- When Creating a new catalog, complete all of the required fields and click the Save button. Ensure that you leave the “Create catalog in a project” option selected and validate the Home Project field matches the name of the project you want the catalog to be created in.
Only new pipelines can be created in a project.
- In the Projects Manager, click the project to which you want to add a pipeline to and select the Resources tab.
- Click Create new pipeline, complete all of the required fields, clicking Next and Save as required. Ensure that you leave the “Create pipeline in a project” option selected and validate the Home Project field matches the name of the project you want the pipeline to be created in.
Only new schemas can be associated with a project except for schemas of HERE catalogs that are linked from a project.