Why Use the Live Sense SDK
Live Sense is an SDK made up of a collection of pre-trained models which run solely on the edge device. These models enable a camera-based device to detect, classify, and alert users of potential hazards found in or on the side of the road, such as:
- Other vehicles (cars, trucks, or buses)
- Vehicle brakes
- Construction zones
- Traffic lights(Beta)
- Speed limits
- Lane detection(Beta)
- Real Time Guidance(Beta)
Live Sense enables you to do the following:
- Enhance applications and devices with the capability to detect real-time imminent and potential driving hazards to offer commercial and passenger vehicle drivers real time safety alerts and contextual insights that keep them informed of their dynamic environments.
- Offer flexibility for every driver and type of vehicle, including vehicles without a display screen.
- Live Sense models work on the edge device rather than the cloud. Therefore, the device can detect and inform the driver in real-time (without the need for network connectivity or a data plan).
- Live Sense detects changes in the environment. This feature helps to keep drivers informed in real-time.
- Alert detection for the identification of brake lights when a car has applied its brakes.
- Support connected user alerts. This feature enables Live Sense users to share hazards, incidents, and change detections via the network automatically without user input (coming soon).
- The ability to combine Live Sense with other HERE products. This feature strengthens your solution for your customer, such as advanced hazard guidance for sharp curves or animal crossings.