HERE Android SDK is designed and tested with Android phones and tablets in mind. SDK performance will vary between devices, since it is primarily determined by CPU, GPU, and display resolution. Currently, Nexus 5 is a suitable reference for a device which delivers acceptable SDK performance. If your target device is not a phone or tablet, see Service Support to contact us for more details .
- Android 4.1.x "Jelly Bean" (API Level 16) or higher as the application Minimum API Level (
- Apps should be developed using Android Studio 2.3.2 or above
- For apps that implement basic use cases such as map rendering, search, and routing, a minimum of 60MB of memory (RAM) is recommended to be available. More complex use cases, such as turn-by-turn navigation, require more memory.
- A minimum of 25MB per application should be made available for the storage of the HERE SDK libraries
- A minimum of 50MB should be made available for the storage of map data
- Data connectivity (WiFi or Cellular) is required to download map data and ensure map data is updated when new versions are made available.