HERE Android SDK is designed and tested with Android phones and tablets in mind. SDK performance will vary between devices, since it is primarily determined by CPU, GPU, and display resolution. Currently, Nexus 5 is a suitable reference for a device which delivers acceptable SDK performance. If your target device is not a phone or tablet, see Service Support to contact us for more details .
- Minimum supported API Level is 17 which corresponds Android 4.2.x "Jelly Bean". (
- Apps should be developed using Android Studio 2.3.2 or above. Android Studio 3.5 is recommended for optimal operation.
- 32MB of memory (RAM) available for foreground applications
- A minimum of 10MB per application should be made available for storing HERE SDK libraries
- A minimum of 32MB should be made available for storing map data
- Data connectivity (Wi-Fi or Cellular) is required to download map data