HERE Android SDK is designed and tested with Android phones and tablets in mind. SDK performance will vary between devices, since it is primarily determined by CPU, GPU, and display resolution. Currently, Nexus 5 is a suitable reference for a device which delivers acceptable SDK performance. If your target device is not a phone or tablet, contact us to discuss performance requirements.
- Android 4.1.x "Jelly Bean" (API Level 16) or higher as the application Minimum API Level (
- Apps should be developed using Android Studio 2.3.2 or above
- 32MB of memory (RAM) available for foreground applications
- A minimum of 1MB per application should be made available for the storage of the HERE SDK libraries
- A minimum of 3.5MB should be made available for the storage of map data
- Data connectivity (WiFi or Cellular) is required to download map data and ensure map data is updated when new versions are made available