The HERE Batch Geocoder API is a REST API that allows you to geocode and reverse geocode large data sets. Batch processing is optimized for large batch jobs and there is a penalty for executing small jobs, such as those having less than 10 addresses.
The Batch Geocoder API supports the following use cases:
- Geocode large data sets in one request, such as submitting a single file of addresses to request the corresponding geocoodinates. Addresses may use structured input or free-form search strings with complete or partial address information. The request processing is asynchronous. The more detailed the address you submit, the higher the potential match accuracy.
- Reverse geocode large data sets in one request, such as submitting a single file of geocoordinate/radius pairs to request the corresponding addresses. The request processing is asynchronous.
Although there are no technical limitations in place for either the minimum number of addresses in a batch job nor for the frequency or number of submitted batch jobs, HERE recommends you accumulate larger sets of addresses into fewer batch jobs to receive a faster response.
For information on:
- How to quickly set up and start using the Batch Geocoder API, see Get started.
- The terms and conditions covering this documentation, see the HERE Documentation License.
- HERE is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For more information, see the HERE Privacy Charter.