The Buildings layer contains two-dimensional building footprints with corresponding attributes (like Height and BuildingType), representing man-made building structures.
- Building footprints can be single or multi-polygons. In case of multi-polygons, the footprints are grouped in the same feature.
- A building footprint polygon can include holes.
- Building footprints are provided with a name where available.
- Categories are provided for each building to identify the general usage of the building, for instance in case of residential building, historical building, and many others.
|Type of content included ||Description |
|Geometry ||Outline of the Building Footprint. |
|Object ||Building ID is the primary map object identifier and originates from the Earthcore building repository. |
|Building Name ||Name(s) of the Building. |
|Attribution ||Attribution detailing the building characteristics including Height and Feature Classification. |
Go to Buildings schema definition
Possible Use Cases
- Map display
- GIS analysis for City Planning
- Flood modeling (together with Hydro primitive)
- Navigation / Situational Awareness
- Ride-share and Delivery pick-up and drop off points
- Tactical planning for law enforcement and military
- Obstacle avoidance for aviation takeoff procedures
Land cover - Can be combined with Land cover to render a richer map with more features.
Places - Can be combined with the Places to render facilities within Buildings.