This document is a guide to using the Destination Weather API.
The HERE Destination Weather API is a RESTful API that:
- Provides weather forecasts and reports on current weather conditions.
- Provides information on severe weather alerts.
- Provides information about when the sun and moon rise and set, and the phase of the moon.
Weather report information
Examples of information that may be available in weather reports include:
- Descriptions of the overall weather, temperature, precipitation, and wind in supported languages.
- Numerical data on temperature, humidity, dew point, precipitation, wind, and visibility.
- Forecast alerts, severe warnings and watches for supported NWS alert types and for supported global alert types.
- Icon name and link for the report.
A weather report typically contains at least the temperature, comfort level, wind speed and direction, and a description, but there can be variation in the responses.
For the terms and conditions covering this documentation, see the HERE Documentation License.
Data privacy is of fundamental importance to HERE and our customers. We practice data minimization and don’t collect data we don’t need. And we promote pseudonymity for data subjects wherever a service does not require personal information to function. We employ privacy by design in services we develop. We strive to go beyond mere regulatory compliance and make privacy an integral part of our corporate culture. We believe that our approach to privacy is vital to earning and retaining the trust of our customers – and the bedrock of our future success as a data-driven location platform.
For more information on how data privacy is of fundamental importance to HERE and our customers, see the HERE Privacy Charter.