Welcome to the Developer's Guide for the HERE SDK for Flutter, version 22.214.171.124 (Explore Edition). Here you can find all necessary information to start building immersive location-aware apps for iOS and Android today!
This is a BETA release.
Why Use the HERE SDK for Flutter?
The new HERE SDK for Flutter enables you to build powerful map applications for iOS and Android from a single codebase written in Dart. Bundled along with it are many HERE assets, available for customers to integrate with their own apps. It consumes data from the HERE platform incorporating microservices and highly modularized components. The HERE SDK for Flutter belongs to the HERE SDK product family, which also includes the HERE SDK for iOS and the HERE SDK for Android.
- Backed by more than 30 years of expertise in mapping technology, the new lightweight HERE SDK for Flutter provides you with instant access to the freshest map data of the highest quality, consistency and accuracy.
- Build captivating native applications and benefit from one of the world’s most accurate and interactive map data that is captured via a comprehensive and precise industrial process with the HERE True vehicles.
- Explore maps that are fast and smooth to interact with, pan/zoom across map views of varying resolutions, and enable the display of various elements such as routes and POIs on highly customizable map views.
Which Edition is Best for Me?
We have made the HERE SDK for Flutter available in two different editions, the Explore Edition and the Navigate Edition. In comparison to the Explore Edition, the Navigate Edition provides additional premium features such as turn-by-turn navigation.
Both editions include a Premium Renderer which offers visually appealing true 3D maps that provide a smooth map experience and highly performant map rendering tailored for high-end devices. Benefit from premium features such as multiple map view instances, an integrated tool chain for map customization, full 3D camera control and seemless map scheme switches.
For now, the Navigate Edition is only available upon request. Please contact your HERE representative to receive access including a set of evaluation credentials.
At the time of writing, version 126.96.36.199 is the current release of the HERE SDK for Flutter, which includes:
- Latest map data from the HERE platform for more than 190 countries with weekly map updates.
- Resource-friendly vector tile map rendering.
- 2D / 3D rendering including extruded buildings, carto POIs and more.
- Highly customizable map styles, including predefined styles such as normal street map and satellite map.
- Support for all common map interactions and gestures (including pan, flick, and pinch zoom).
- Pickable overlay objects on the map such as polylines, polygons, circles, images, and routes.
- Highly customizable map marker support (including anchor points and metadata).
- Metadata support for map items (for example, to identify search results on the map).
- Search through a broad set of geographical content across the globe (including streets, address points, categories, and places).
- Access localized details for a Point of Interest (POI).
- Enhance the search experience with auto suggestions.
- Perform geocoding and reverse geocoding lookups.
- All address details are already localized and can be accessed in various languages.
- Embedded support for instant visualization of traffic flows on the map.
- Embedded support for instant visualization of traffic incidents on the map.
- Online car route directions.
- Online pedestrian route directions.
- Online truck route directions with highly customizable truck options.
- Specify preferred route type (fastest or shortest) and route options (such as speed profiles, route restrictions, vignette options, and more).
- Calculate traffic-aware routes indicating potential traffic delay times, as well as traffic-optimized routes to avoid traffic.
- Customizable route shapes utilizing different types of waypoints.
- Localized maneuver instructions are available for each route.
- Alternate routes.
The HERE SDK for Flutter enables you to write apps for Android and iOS. Make sure to meet the minimum requirements for each platform as listed below. Note that the HERE SDK for Flutter does not support web and desktop apps.
- The minimum Android API level supported by the HERE SDK for Flutter is API 21, Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which allows you to reach more than approximately 90% of all Android devices on the market.
- The HERE SDK for Flutter supports iOS 12.0 or higher.
- Only simulators running iOS 13.0 or higher are supported.
- As absolute minimum, you must use macOS Catalina, Xcode 11.3 and Swift 5.1.2 for development.
The HERE SDK for Flutter enables you to write apps for Android and iOS devices. Make sure to compare your target devices to the supported devices for each platform as listed below.
- The HERE SDK for Flutter supports Android 32-bit devices with x86 or ARMv7 architecture and 64-bit devices with x86_64 or ARM64/v8 architecture.
- Additional hardware requirements:
- Support for OpenGL ES 3.0 or higher.
- At least 1 GB memory (RAM).
- At least 50 MB free disk space (ROM).
- GPU: At least an Adreno 4xx graphics processing unit or newer - or Mali T7xx or newer. Older GPUs like Adreno 330 and before are not supported.
- The HERE SDK for Flutter supports iOS ARM64 / 64-bit architectures incorporating Apple's A7 chip or newer. This means that all iOS devices starting from the iPhone 5s (which was released in 2013) are supported.
- The x86_64 architecture is supported for simulators.
Where to Start?
If you are interested in building your first app showing a HERE map, have a look at our Get Started section to guide you through the first simple steps.
Register or sign in at developer.here.com to get your credentials and to download the Flutter plugin (the HERE SDK binary bundle to include in your app(s)).
- In the examples section, you can find the links to our example applications that accompany this user guide.
- The API Reference can be found in your downloaded SDK package or on developer.here.com.
The use of the HERE SDK for Flutter is governed by the terms and conditions which you have accepted separately, either when signing up via the developer.here.com portal or otherwise executing an agreement with HERE. For your use of the documentation presented on this website, these terms apply.
In addition to the above terms, the following shall apply: Components of the HERE SDK for Flutter collect certain information from your application. Such information includes access credentials (
Open Source Software Notices
If you use the HERE SDK for Flutter in your application, you must embed the HERE copyright and various open source software licenses or link to a copy hosted on your project's webspace. You can find a copy of these licenses in the HERE_NOTICE file, which is included in your HERE SDK package.