About this Edition
The HERE SDK for Flutter (Explore Edition), version 184.108.40.206, features the HERE Rendering Engine that offers visually appealing true 3D maps and a smooth map experience that is highly customizable. In comparison to the Navigate Edition, the Explore Edition does not provide additional premium features such as turn-by-turn navigation, offline maps, HERE positioning, or private venues.
At the time of writing, version 220.127.116.11 is the latest release of the HERE SDK for Flutter (Explore Edition), which includes:
| Mapping || |
- Latest map data from the HERE platform for more than 190 countries with weekly map updates.
- Resource-friendly vector tile map rendering.
- 2D / 3D rendering including extruded buildings, carto POIs and more.
- Highly customizable map styles, including predefined styles such as normal street map and satellite map.
- Support for all common map interactions and gestures (including pan, flick, and pinch zoom).
- Pickable overlay objects on the map such as polylines, polygons, circles, images, and routes.
- Attachable native Flutter widgets as map pin.
- Highly customizable 2D and 3D map marker support (including anchor points and metadata).
- Metadata support for map items (for example, to identify search results on the map).
| Search || |
- Search through a broad set of geographical content across the globe (including streets, address points, categories, and places).
- Search the vast HERE database by Place ID.
- Request search results filtered by country in your preferred language.
- Access localized details for a Point of Interest (POI).
- Enhance the search experience with auto suggestions.
- Perform geocoding and reverse geocoding lookups.
- Search along a route.
- All address details are already localized and can be accessed in various languages.
| Traffic || |
- Embedded support for instant visualization of traffic flows on the map.
- Embedded support for instant visualization of traffic incidents on the map.
| Directions || |
- Online car routes.
- Online pedestrian routes.
- Online truck routes with highly customizable truck options.
- Online routes for electric vehicles to find the nearest charging stations (based on the calculated energy consumption and battery specifications).
- Online scooter routes.
- Specify preferred route type (fastest or shortest) and route options (such as speed profiles, route restrictions, vignette options, and more).
- Calculate traffic-aware routes indicating potential traffic delay times, as well as traffic-optimized routes to avoid traffic.
- Get traffic flow information along the individual sections of a route.
- Customizable route shapes utilizing different types of waypoints.
- Localized maneuver instructions are available for each route.
- Alternative routes.
The HERE SDK for Flutter enables you to write apps for Android and iOS. Make sure to meet the minimum requirements for each platform as listed below. Note that the HERE SDK for Flutter does not support web and desktop apps.
The Flutter version 1.17.0 is supported. Newer versions may also work. As of now, only the stable Flutter channel is supported. The examples in this guide are made with Flutter 1.20.2, but will also work with 1.17.0.
For minimum and recommended device hardware specifications, please check the devices section below.
- The minimum Android API level supported by the HERE SDK for Flutter is API 21, Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which allows you to reach more than approximately 90% of all Android devices on the market.
- The HERE SDK for Flutter supports iOS 12.4 and iPadOS or higher.
- Only simulators running iOS 13.0 or higher are supported.
- As an absolute minimum for development, you must use macOS Catalina, Xcode 11.3 and Swift 5.1.2.
The HERE SDK for Flutter enables you to write apps for Android and iOS devices. Make sure to compare your target devices to the supported devices for each platform as listed below.
- The HERE SDK for Flutter supports Android 32-bit devices with x86 or ARMv7 architecture and 64-bit devices with x86_64 or ARM64/v8 architecture.
- Additional requirements:
- Support for OpenGL ES 3.0 or higher (applies also to emulators).
- Minimum supported hardware specifications:
- RAM: At least 1 GB memory.
- ROM: At least 60 MB free disk space for the uncompressed installation size (plus enough free disk space to operate the device in general).
- GPU: All GPUs that support OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Recommended hardware specifications:
- RAM: At least 3 GB memory.
- ROM: At least 60 MB free disk space for the uncompressed installation size plus 256 MB to cache map data (plus enough free disk space to operate the device in general).
- GPU: We recommend at least an Adreno 4xx, Mali T7x or G7x graphics processing unit or newer.
Devices that meet the minimum supported hardware specifications will install an app made with the HERE SDK, but the user experience may be poor due to a lower frame rate when interacting with the map. Devices that meet the recommeded hardware specifications guarantee a smooth map experience.
- The HERE SDK for Flutter supports iOS ARM64 / 64-bit architectures incorporating Apple's A7 chip or newer. This means that all iOS devices starting from the iPhone 5s (which was released in 2013) are supported.
- The x86_64 architecture is supported for simulators.
- It is recommended to allow at least 60 MB disk space for the uncompressed installation size of an app plus 256 MB to cache map data on the disk.
Where to Start?
If you are interested in building your first app showing a HERE map, have a look at our Get Started section to guide you through the first simple steps.
Register or sign in at developer.here.com to get your credentials and to download the Flutter plugin (the HERE SDK binary bundle to include in your app(s)).
- In the examples section, you can find the links to our example applications that accompany this user guide.
- The API Reference can be found in your downloaded SDK package or on developer.here.com.
- Choose a plan: You can freely start using the HERE SDK with the Freemium plan. An overview of the available plans can be found on the pricing page. More details on the plans can be found in our FAQs.
The use of the HERE SDK for Flutter is governed by the terms and conditions which you have accepted separately, either when signing up via the developer.here.com portal or otherwise executing an agreement with HERE. For your use of the documentation presented on this website, these terms apply.
In addition to the above terms, the following shall apply: Components of the HERE SDK for Flutter collect certain information from your application. Such information includes access credentials (
Open Source Software Notices
If you use the HERE SDK for Flutter in your application, you must embed the HERE copyright and various open source software licenses or link to a copy hosted on your project's webspace. You can find a copy of these licenses in the HERE_NOTICE file, which is included in your HERE SDK package.