Private Bike and Ride
Private Bike and Ride is a flavor of the Intermodal Routing API v8 that combines
transit transport types.
For more information on the flavors and transport types of the Intermodal Routing API v8, see the Intermodal Flavors & Transport Types section.
The Private Bike and Ride solution allows you to do the following:
- get your bike
- cycle to an optimal public transport station along the route,
- transfer to public transit and reach your destination.
This combination may yield the following benefits:
- reach areas that are restricted or not well connected by public transportation
- parking is quick and free
- reduce the cost of the fare
- reduce the commuting time
- save the environment
/routes response consists of a series of sections, which represent legs of the route, with relevant information such as
arrival time and
transport. You can also request additional properties, such as the shape of the route encoded into the HERE flexible-polyline format.
Common uses of Private Bike and Ride include the following:
- define routes based on arrival or departure times
- define routes based on driving/riding preference
- filter specific transit modes, such as rail and metro only
- plan routes hours or days in advance
- set a maximum distance for the walk to the nearest transit stop/station or the speed of the walk
- define how many changes or transfers the journey may include
- request turn-by-turn navigation
- request route flexible-polyline in order to view the route over a map.
For more information on how to use the Park and Ride flavor of the Intermodal Routing API v8, see how to Send a Request and how to Calculate a Private Bike and Ride Route.