Taxi and Ride
Taxi and Ride is a service of the Intermodal Routing API v8 that combines
transit transport types.
For more information on the services and transport types of the Intermodal Routing API v8, see the Intermodal Services & Transport Types section.
Taxi and Ride solution allows you to do the following:
- take a taxi from the current location
- ride until an optimal public transport station along the route,
- transfer to public transit and reach a destination.
This combination may yield the following benefits:
- reach areas that are restricted or not well connected by public transportation
- no more parking
- reduce the cost of the fare
- reduce the commuting time
- knowledge of the surroundings is not required
/routes response consists of a series of sections, which represent legs of the route, with relevant information like
arrival time and
transport. Additional properties, such as the shape of the route encoded into the HERE flexible-polyline format, can be optionally requested.
Common uses of Taxi and Ride include the following:
- define routes based on arrival or departure times
- define routes based on driving/riding preference
- filter specific transit modes, such as rail and metro only
- plan routes hours or days in advance
- set a maximum distance for the walk to the nearest transit stop/station or the speed of the walk
- define how many changes or transfers the journey may include
- request turn-by-turn navigation
- request route flexible-polyline in order to view the route over a map.
For more information on how to use the Taxi and Ride service of the Intermodal Routing API v8, see how to Send a Request and how to Calculate a Taxi and Ride Route.