The HERE Map Image v1 is a REST API that allows you to request static map images for all regions in the world. The map images show conventional map views, but can also include points of interest, routes (for example, with turning points and junction views), statistics and heat maps.
In addition, the API offers a variety of supplementary services for displaying location-based data. For example, it is possible to present roadsigns.
The table below lists the high level use cases for the HERE Map Image v1.
|Basic map||Show a map image for a position based on latitude and longitude.|
|Points of interest||Show a map image and one or more points of interest for corresponding geocoordinates.|
|Regions||Show a map image containing colored circles and polygons.|
|Routes||Show a map image containing a route provided as a list of waypoints.|
|Routing (deprecated)||Show a map image containing a route by means of calculating it, which means only the starting and ending points are required.|
|Turn points (deprecated)||Show a map image with a graphical representation of a turning point.|
|Statistical graphs (deprecated)||Show a map image containing circle diagrams and bar charts.|
|Heat maps (deprecated)||Show a map image containing graphical representations of data, where values are represented as colors.|
|Tilt maps (deprecated)||Show a map image for a position based on latitude and longitude with tilting capabilities.|
|Road signs (deprecated)||Show a road sign.|
|Company logo (deprecated)||Show a branded public transport company logo.|
- The Get started - HERE developer portal explains how to quickly set up and start using the HERE Map Image v1.
- The HERE Documentation License lists the terms and conditions covering this documentation.
- The API Reference provides descriptions of the resources, parameters, return types and error codes of the HERE Map Image v1.
- Data privacy is of fundamental importance to HERE and our customers. We practice data minimization and don't collect data we don't need. And we promote pseudonymity for data subjects wherever a service does not require personal information to function. We employ privacy by design in services we develop. We strive to go beyond mere regulatory compliance and make privacy an integral part of our corporate culture. We believe that our approach to privacy is vital to earning and retaining the trust of our customers - and the bedrock of our future success as a data-driven location platform.
- For more information on how data privacy is of fundamental importance to HERE and our customers, see the HERE Privacy Charter.