- Efficient map rendering - the API is built for WebGL and HTML5-capable environments to maximize map and map object rendering efficiency on mobile devices and desktops. It also includes support for high-DPI devices to show the best maps wherever possible.
- HERE Maps map data - the API provides full access to world-leading map data and map images, with a choice of view modes and customization options, including three main map types: map, terrain and hybrid.
- Geocoding - the API provides full access to geocoding and reverse geocoding services.
- Routing - the API supports route calculation and display, with a variety of customization options such as public transport routing and others.
- Enterprise routing - the API supports advanced enterprise routing use cases such as isoline routing or truck routing.
- Places - Places API allows application developers to build POI and Address search experiences, giving users access to rich information about tens of millions of places around the globe.
- Custom map objects - the API supports the creation of both interactive and non-interactive map objects: markers with SVG, HTML or bitmap images geo shapes, including polygons, polylines, circles and rectangles.
- Mouse and touch interaction - The API (via an events extension) supports mouse and touch interaction with the map, including pan, zoom and pinch-to-zoom on a broad range of devices.
- Pre-built UI controls - The API offers pre-built, customizable UI controls that allow users to change the base map, zoom in and out smoothly, and display the current map scale. In addition, info bubbles with arbitrary HTML content and SVG images can be placed on the map.
For information on:
- Browser support, see Browser support.
- For the terms and conditions covering this documentation, see the HERE Documentation License.
- The endpoint parameters and responses, see the OpenAPI specification.