This section outlines how to get started quickly using the Off-Street Parking API. To use the Off-Street Parking API, you need to supply a token in the HTTP Authorization header of your REST requests as a bearer token.
For more detailed information on HERE account setup, app registration, and authentication, see the Identity & Access Management Guide.
The Off-Street Parking API is only available to automotive OEMs for in-vehicle applications. Before authenticating into the Off-Street Parking API, contact your HERE representative.
Get a HERE account
To start using the Off-Street Parking API, contact your organization admin who can invite you to join the HERE platform organization established for your company.
Create a project
To create a project, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the HERE platform using your HERE account.
- Open the Projects Manager from the launcher.
- Click Create new project.
- Enter a name for the project. Project names don't have to be unique.
- Enter a project ID. Project IDs must be unique within an organization and cannot be changed for the lifetime of the organization. Project IDs must be between 4 and 16 characters in length.
- Optional: Enter a description.
- Click Save.
Get an OAuth token
Token credentials conform to the OAuth 2.0 industry standard protocol for Bearer Access Tokens. HERE provides REST APIs to obtain these secure access tokens that may be used for up to 24 hours by your application for the purpose of authenticating requests to the HERE platform. For information on getting an OAuth token, see the Identity & Access Management Guide
Use the token to send an Off-Street Parking API request.
We encourage you to view the examples of parking facilities search which demonstrate how the API is to be used in practice. Parameters used in the examples are described in detail in the API Reference.