There are two kinds of credentials:
- Development credentials - these credentials are for evaluation and development. To obtain your development credentials, contact your customer/sales representative and sign the appropriate evaluation agreements.
- Production credentials - these credentials are for commerical deployment. To obtain your commercial credentials, sign the appropriate commercial agreements. You must have completed all testing, be ready for deployment and have signed a commercial agreement before you apply for production credentials.
The HERE Authentication and Authorization API is an OAuth 2.0 compliant REST API that allows you to obtain short-lived access tokens which you can use to authenticate requests to HERE services. Tokens expire after 24 hours.
To obtain a token which you can use to authenticate requests to the On-Street Parking API,
- Use the HERE developer portal to request an access key ID and access key secret, see the Authentication Guide for more information
- Using your access key ID and access key secret, create an OAuth 1.0 signature. For more information, see Creating a Signature.
- Using the signature, request a token using the Authentication and Authorization API. For more information, see Requesting a Token.
- Use the token to make REST requests to HERE services. For more information, see Using a Token.
- Tokens expire after 24 hours. Create a new signature and request a new token when your old one expires.