Intermodal Routing API v1 Developer's Guide
We’re very excited to announce and present to you a new set of HERE Location Services that are leveraging the HERE platform and can be easily accessed through our Developer Portal at developer.here.com. These newly released versions of HERE Location Services provide a unified API framework, while leveraging the HERE Platform, infrastructure, making it easy and efficient for any customer to adopt the breadth of our Location Services offering and beyond. As a customer of our Location Services you can now benefit from a set of redesigned and aligned APIs, as well as a streamlined architecture with compatibility across all location services, as they’re sharing the same HERE map data, authentication and authorization methods as well as API specification. In addition, the newly released HERE Location Services are leveraging fresher map content through higher map update frequency and faster availability of new regions (e.g. such as the recently integrated high detail map of Japan) realized today through the HERE platform. With the new service framework in place, we are also on our way to delivering new functionalities that will only become available through the newly released HERE Location Services.
Intermodal Routing API v8 bringing several additional benefits.
- The API now returns transit only and intermodal routes in one response, and are compared from a duration, number of transfers and cost perspective to provide the most effective commuting experience.
- Support for additional mobility modes - by integrating public GBFS (General Bikeshare Feed Specification) feed, which is providing real-time information of hundreds of bicycle sharing systems around the world.
- Flexible combination of transit with micro-mobility options to cover first and last mile.
- Taxi/e-hailing mobility with integration of Lyft that allows intermodal combination of Taxi and Transit.
Note: This service is no longer being actively developed. We will only provide critical fixes for this service in future. Instead, you can use the new Intermodal Routing API v8 service.
This document introduces Intermodal Routing API v1 and:
- explains key concepts
- provides examples
- documents resources and query parameters
- documents response structures and data types
For the terms and conditions covering this documentation, see the HERE Documentation License.