Entrypoints and Media Types
The entrypoints offer a variety of different models for searching for Points of Interest (POIs) depending on the desired information flow. An information flow, also known as a user flow, represents an information retrieval pattern in which the response to an initial request to a Search or Discovery entrypoint contains hypermedia links that you can use to request the next/previous set of results, more detailed information about a POI, and other kinds of information. The specific set of hypermedia links available depend on the media types contained in a response to a request.
Search and Discovery Entrypoints
autosuggest: provides a list of suggested search terms, instant results, and refined search links based on the submitted (partial) search term and location context.
search: provides specific places based on the submitted text string queries
explore: provides a list of relevant nearby places for a location context.
browse: provides a list of places sorted by distance for a location context.
here: provides a list of places with addresses that lie within the vicinity of the search location.
around: similar to
explore, but designed for augmented reality applications.
Media Types, Information Attributes, and Interactivity
- base attributes: includes name, location, categories, contacts, a category icon, and so on. Note: This media type is always supported.
- extended attributes: includes information such as opening hours, payment methods, annual closing date/times, disabled access, and so on.
- images: includes third-party and user-provided images as well their dimensions.
- reviews: includes user-generated reviews and their source.
- related places nearby: lists related places that may be of interest to the user.
- sharing URI: the attribute
base attributesoffers a link to the best available representation of the place on any operating system, platform, or device.
- editorial descriptions: the attribute
media object structureconsists of third-party descriptions of a place with their source when available.