Entrypoint maturity and availability
Places (Search) API entrypoints can be divided into the three following categories:
- Core entrypoints are available to all users of Places (Search) API. They are fully supported and mature. Following are Places (Search) API core entrypoints:
- Autosuggest –– Get autocomplete suggestions for search queries.
- Search –– Find places using a text query.
- Explore –– Find recommended places in a location.
- Here –– Identify places at location.
- Around –– Find places around a location. Similar to explore, but optimized for 3D visual-exploration overlays.
- Browse by Corridor –– Find places with certain categories within a corridor area
- Corridor Shortener –– Simplifies route required for the corridor search
- Lookup –– Find a place by non-Place ID, e.g. PVID.
- Place Categories –– Get place categories that are supported within a region.
- Cuisine Categories –– Get cuisine categories that are supported within a region.
- Suggest –– Get autocomplete suggestions for search queries.
- Browse-Pt-Stops –– Find public transport places around a location sorted by distance
- Browse –– Find places with certain categories around a location sorted by distance
- Actions –– Report user interactions
- Health –– Monitor the availability of the service
- Premium entrypoints are mature but only available on request. Please contact your sales representative to get access to them. Following are Places (Search) API premium entrypoints:
- Tiles –– Retrieves a list tiles base URLs for the given criteria