Matching a GPS Trace
HERE Fleet Telematics Route Matching is not a real-time map matching service. It is designed to compute complete routes from larger GPS traces in batch mode or in near real-time in batches of a few minutes each. Real time map matching is provided by the HERE Reverse Geocoder.
HERE Fleet Telematics Route Matching provides sufficiently accurate results if the following conditions are met:
- GPS deviation does not exceed 30 meters.
- Trace point density is within the range of one per second and one per 30 seconds.
- The vehicle is a car or a truck – although other vehicle types are supported, the API it is not optimized for them.
- Each trace represents an uninterrupted traversal of one continuous road, without random departures from the main route.
- Trace matching favors legal roads and maneuvers. Illegal actions are only matched and flagged by warnings if they are very obvious.
- GET request: specify the
fileparameter as a Base64-encoded string that contains the (zipped or plain) trace file content
- POST request: add a GPS trace file to your request as an attachment
routemodeparameter for routes by car or on foot.