Once a shipment, which has been created from a shipment plan, has been completed, it can be included in a shipment report.
The shipment report summary contains the following information:
- total shipment plan count
- total segment plan count
- total shipment count
- total segment count
- total locations count
It also contains times of the shipment report generation start and end.
The shipment report consists of different metrics, such as:
- shipment plan metrics
- shipment plan punctuality at origin
- shipment plan punctuality at destination
- segment plan metrics for each shipment of the shipment plan
- segment plan punctuality at origin
- segment plan punctuality at destination
- location metrics for each shipment of the shipment plan
- shipment metrics for individual shipments of a single shipment plan
- shipment punctuality at origin
- shipment punctuality at destination
- segment metrics for individual segments of a single shipment plan
- segment punctuality at origin
- segment punctuality at destination
For a report on a single shipment, the
segment metrics are calculated, otherwise the
shipment plan and
segment plan metrics are calculated. The
segment plan and
location metrics of the report contain average metrics values of the included shipments. The
segment metrics contain individual shipment metric values.
The punctuality measures how accurately a shipment was executed. In case the location is origin, a negative metric value indicates that the shipment departed early; and a positive metric value indicates that the shipment departed late. If the location is destination, a negative metric value indicates that the shipment arrived early; and a positive metric value indicates that the shipment arrived late.
The location dwelling measures how long a shipment remained in a single location. In a shipment plan a dwelling segment is defined as such a segment that its origin equals to its destination.