This section provides tips on reducing the size of the HERE SDK so your application uses less storage on consumer devices.
Remove Unused Font Files
By default, the HERE iOS SDK includes a number of font files to support different languages. These files may range from a few hundred kilobytes to a few megabytes in size. You can remove unused font files to reduce the size of your HERE SDK-enabled application.
- In Xcode, right-click on on NMABundle.bundle and choose Show in Finder.
- In the new Finder window, right-click on NMABundle.bundle and choose Show Package Contents.
- If your application does not support Korean, delete the NanumGothic_Regular.ttf file. If your application does not support Indic scripts, delete the LohitIndic.ttf file.
- Navigate to the pure directory and delete other unused font files. The fonts included in this directory include:
Note: Do not delete NokiaPureMaps_Regular.ttf or NokiaPureMaps_Bold.ttf Removing this file causes display issues with map labels.
- NokiaPureArabic_Regular.ttf - Arabic
- NokiaPureArabic_Bold.ttf - Arabic
- NokiaPureChinese_Regular.ttf - Chinese
- NokiaPureChinese_Bold.ttf - Chinese
- NokiaPureIndicSouth1_Regular.ttf - Indic
- NokiaPureIndicSouth1_Bold.ttf - Indic
- NokiaPureThai_Regular.ttf - Thai
- NokiaPureThai_Bold.ttf - Thai
After completing these steps, your application uses less space when it is installed on a device. The maximum amount that you can save with these steps is approximately 5MB.