A series of enhancements and updates to the HERE Platform services are now available on our production environment.
These enhancements are related to the following services:
Summary of enhancements:
- This release is mainly a maintenance release
- The new version of the JSAPI now supports Heat Maps.
- The Geocoder completed update of map release 2015 Q1 for some missing countries.
- Increased TMC Traffic coverage for 10 countries
- Added new layer Distance Markers in PDE
Below, you can find detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
JS API 188.8.131.52
- Heat Maps functionality included in the JS API. It provides an easy way to display color-coded data on the map.
This Migration Guide explains how to migrate from previous JS API versions 2.5…. to the new version 184.108.40.206
Geocoder API 6.2.77
- Improved map view focus: the map view focus is now less restrictive, so that the Geocoder takes more good candidates from outside the set map view into consideration.
- Northern Cyprus: We updated the map content for Northern Cyprus in the Geocoder and Reverse Geocoder to support street search and to return Turkish names instead of Greek names for Turkish locales.
- Map update: The map update to 2015 Q1 is now complete with the exception of India and Taiwan.
Enterprise Routing 220.127.116.11
- Removed unnecessary U-turn instruction at the end of the road when transit radius was specified as last waypoint.
- Routing failing for truck mode issue fixed.
HLP Routing 7.2.55
- Added support for returning the matched start/destination position in the CalculateIsoline response.
- Improved support to avoid road closures in route calculations without traffic so that it also works with alternates.
Traffic API 18.104.22.168
- Increased traffic coverage (full-TMC) in 10 countries: USA, Canada, Brazil, Italy, Russia, Austria, Germany, UK, France, Australia.
- Performance improvements
NOTE: please ensure that you are using the Traffic API as documented in the development guide. Since next release we are going to enforce the upper/lower case validation.
Map Tile API 22.214.171.124
- Extended the POIs parameter to accept a mask to filter out particular POI categories. This change is backwards compatible so the old behaviour (boolean flag) is still supported.
- Added new /meta/pois endpoint that lists all the possible POI categories available in the map.
- Adjusted the overground (regional train) icons visibility to make them visible from zoom level 14 onwards.
- Adjusted the amount of displayed road signs to decrease the cluttering in higher zoom levels.
Platform Data Extension API (PDE) 1.4.0
- Platform Data Extension API updates to 2014Q4.
- Client applications using PDE API do not have to specify the continent for the requested tiles, as region is no longer a required parameter.
- Added new layer Distance Markers for use cases like road assistance services. In case of the breakdown of a car, the driver can call a road assistance service and provide the nearest available mile marker at the roadside to the operator and ask for pickup.
Toll Cost Extension API (TCE) 1.2.0
- The response now includes tollSystemsNames in the countries objects.
HERE Mobile SDK for Business IOS - Online and Hybrid+ 2.1.1
- Integration of Customer Location Extension
- Support LiveSight
- LiveSight integrated with Custom Location Extension