A series of enhancements and updates to the HERE Platform services are now available on our production environment. These enhancements are related to the following services:
Summary of enhancements:
- Geocoder improvements in Spain, covering support for regional languages, and search using address line only.
- Traffic: Coverage extension for flows and incidents.
- Toll booth names and time-dependent toll costs added to TCE.
- Census Boundaries (polygon boundaries for government census areas) and multi-tile request available now in the PDE.
Below, you can find detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
- "Dynamic clustering" strategy provides efficient clustering for the data sets that are subject to frequent updates.
- Image overlay provides an easy way to display bitmap data that covers a region on the map.
- Night map schemas were added to the default layer set in mapsjs-service.js module.
- Added support for TimeZone attribute in GetLinkInfo service.
- The Geocoder now provides weekly map updates based on Stable Baseline. The baseline is currently 2015Q2 data. This includes Russia and Ukraine.
- Russia and Ukraine update from 2014Q3 to 2015Q2 map version. Crimea remains part of Ukraine.
- Spain: Better support for regional languages. Spanish translations of street types for Catalan speaking regions are now supported.
- Spain: The Geocoder supports now address line-only search for Spain. Users can search for addresses without any locality indication.
Traffic Data API
- Performance improvements.
- This release will consume traffic content from 3.1.2 Flow feeds and include Full TMC coverage for all supported markets.
- Coverage extension for Flow and Incidents. Following are the new markets:
|Coverage type ||Country |
|Incidents ||North, North-east, Centre-West Brazil |
|Incidents ||Spain |
|Flow ||Bulgaria |
|Flow ||Romania |
|Flow ||Bahrain |
|Flow ||Oman |
|Flow ||Kuwait |
|Flow ||Qatar |
- Additional flag for places indicating whether the place is open or not if opening hours are available.
- Content from Lonely Planet is no longer served.
- Introducing new Category System parameter, which lets the caller select an alternate category system (e.g. cuisines). This parameter is available in all Search and Discovery endpoints.
- Added cuisines translation for our 55 supported languages
- Places API no longer support some languages for labels and ready-to-display strings (for details see release notes).
Platform Data Extension (PDE)
- New layer "Census Boundaries" for a growing set of countries. Please note that this layer is delivered as a separate maps, it is not included in the map regions NA, WEU, EEU. Also, each country is represented as a separate layer, because each country's Census data have a proprietary set of administrative levels and Census attributes. Currently coverage only in Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Canada and USAMulti-tile request: several tiles can be received through one single HTTP request, which reduces the HTTP overhead and latencies.
- New parameter to get the information about the tile: layer, tilex, tiley, level, region and release.
- Documentation resources can now be used without "region" and "release" parameters, returning the definitions for all regions and/or the latest available release respectively
Toll Cost Extension (TCE)
- Added toll booth names, and toll booth locations, with the new response element countries/roadSectionsCosts/tollStructures with attributes linkId1, linkId2, name, lngCode, latitude, longitude.
- Time dependent toll cost: for toll systems where the fees change depending on the time of the day this information is processed.
- Added response element warnings. It contains a list of warnings. If warnings are returned, then the result is still valid and can be used.
HERE Platform for Business Team