For the past couple of months we’ve been quietly working on providing you with yet another great service and today we’re proud to announce the release of the HERE Weather API.
We know that, in today’s world, context and content are becoming increasingly important, and today we took another step to provide you with additional sources which you can access and analyze simultaneously in your HERE location-enabled application. The Weather API was designed to make your application weather smart through location and spatial awareness. With the HERE Weather API, you can now help your users better plan for their trips while providing them with weather-related information around their routes or destinations, right from your application.
The following are the main features available through the Weather API:
- Real-time weather conditions (e.g. temperature, wind, rain, visibility)
- Daily forecast for up to 7 days w/ over 30 weather parameters
- Hourly forecast for up to 48 hours
- Weather Alerts w/ advisories for up to 24 hours
- Support for various search options (coordinates, city names, zip code)
Don’t wait! See for yourself how the Weather API can help you get weather insights where and when you need it the most. Click here for more information on the API and what it enables.