A series of enhancements and updates to the HERE Platform services are now available on our production environment. These enhancements are related to the following services:
Map Tile API, Geocoder and Geocoder Autocomplete API, Batch Geocoder API, Places API, Custom Location Extension, Platform Data Extension, Geofencing Extension, Waypoints Sequence Extension, Traffic API, Venue Maps API, Transit API and Weather API.
Summary of enhancements
- The Geofencing Extension now also allows to use HERE map layers
- Geocoder now provides house number precision results to Reverse Geocoding trackPosition mode.
- Further extended traffic flow coverage in European Union
Below, you can find detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
- Added house number precision results to Reverse Geocoding trackPosition mode that supports heading information.
- Modified street name matching in Romania by recognizing additional abbreviations for street types.
- Modified street name matching in Romania and Hungary so that correct street names are recognized in queries even if the word order is different from what is in map data.
Geocoder Autocomplete API
- Added distance information to results. This is the distance in meters from the search center.
This release includes coverage extension for Flow including the following new markets:
- Channel Islands (Guernsey and Jersey)
- Isle of Man
- San Marino
- Vatican City.
- The Geofencing extension now also allows to use HERE map layers
- Customers can check with one request the asset position against geofences in multiple layers.
- Polylines and points can also be handled as geofences.
HERE Platform for Business Team