A series of enhancements and updates to the HERE Platform services are now available on our production environment. These enhancements are related to the following services:
HLP Routing API, Map Tile API, Geocoder and Geocoder Autocomplete API, Batch Geocoder API, Waypoints Sequence Extension, Route Match Extension, Traffic API, Venue Maps API and Transit API .
Summary of enhancements
The release is mainly a maintenance release, highlights are:
- Geocoder improved accuracy in Australia
- Number of Venues increased to 13,908
- Mobile SDK now supporting Android 6
Below, you can find detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
HLP Routing API
- Support for real time Public Transport delay information
- Support for Public Transport flags for unsupported features
- Improved accuracy in Australia by matching single house numbers to number ranges. For example: Match "30 Chapel St" to Point Address "30-32 Chapel St" instead of interpolating based on address range or falling back to next available house number.
- Match rate and match precision improvements with address line-only support in Australia. Users can search for addresses with house number and street name without any locality indication.
Venue Maps API
- Increased the number of venues; new count: 13,908
- India + 18
- Turkey + 16
- South Africa + 28
- USA + 280
- Brazil + 47
- Peru + 10
Public Transit API
- Added maneuvers documentation for Routes API and the Maneuver data type
- Expanded Multi-Station Board requests with examples using geo-coordinates as well as station Ids.
Map Tile API
- Added a new political view for the international case. It can be selected by using the code DEF.
Usage of HERE domains
Some of our customers are still using the Nokia domains (...api.nlp.nokia.com) for accessing the HERE Platform for Business services. Since April 2014 our documentations only lead to the HERE domains (...api.here.com). Please be aware that Nokia/NLP domains will not be supported any more by end of 2016. Until than all customers latest have to switch to the HERE domains. The SSL certificates for the Nokia/NLP domains will expire by end of Q1 2016 so after this date SSL connections will create warning messages.
Migration of Enterprise Router 6.2
Since the monthly platform release in July the latest HLP Router version 7.2. offers feature parity with the Enterprise Router 6.2. All Enterprise specific features like e.g. Truck Routing, Traffic enabled Routing using Traffic Patterns, Matrix and Isoline routing are now available in the HLP Router.
Our customers are kindly requested to migrate from the Enterprise Router 6.2 to the HLP Router 7.2. The Enterprise Router 6.2 is now in maintenance mode: no new features will be developed and only critical bug fixes, map updates and support will be provided. After March 31, 2016, no further maintenance and support will be provided, and the service will go offline.
HERE Platform for Business Team