A series of enhancements and updates to the HERE Platform services are now available on our production environment. These enhancements are related to the following services:
HLP Routing API, Map Tile API, Geocoder API, Batch Geocoder API, Traffic API, Places API, Waypoints Sequence Extension, Geofencing Extension, Toll Cost Extension, Route Match Extension, Custom Location Extension.
Summary of enhancements
- Geocoder API: Improved India match quality by increasing ranking weight of postal codes
- TCE API: Belgium introduced a new road toll system, that replaces the existing Eurovignette system since April 2016. This new system is now available in the service.
- CLE API v2.0 release: improved Performance and scalability
Below, you can find detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
HLP Routing API
- Updated map data to 188.8.131.52.
- Added a country code information in country change maneuver notes.
- Resolved historic traffic (HSP) issue in truck routing.
Map Tile API
- Adjusted the Content-Type returned for json requests to be application/json; charset=UTF-8.
- Fixed some cut labels.
- Reviewed and fixed invalid combinations of truck tile requests.
- Adjusted our labeling placement algorithm for city centers so that they are closer to the city center bullet.
Batch Geocoder API
- Changes in this Batch Geocoder API release are improvements to the internal logging and monitoring functionality.
- Improved India match quality by increasing ranking weight of postal codes.
Important: Major map data changes introduced with 2016 Q1 map schema.
- France: Changes related to the territorial reform of French Regions in 2014. In 2014, the French parliament passed a law reducing the number of metropolitan regions from 22 to 13 with effect from 1 January 2016. The latest map data reflects this change.
- Expanded language support for Wikipedia links.
- Improved relevancy ranking between perfectly spelled query terms.
- Expanded hours of operations coverage in the United States.
Geofencing Extension API
- New administrative recourse /layers/list and /layers/delete.
- Renamed resources /layer_put to /layers/upload and /check to /search/proximity. The old resources still exist, but will be removed in a future release.
Toll Cost Extension API
- Belgium introduced a new road toll system, that replaces the existing Eurovignette system since April 2016. This new system is now available in the service.
Route Match Extension API
- Introduced new resource maps.json in order to provide an option to see the available map releases and map regions.
Usage of HERE domains
Some of our customers are still using the Nokia domains (...api.nlp.nokia.com) for accessing the HERE Platform for Business services. Since April 2014 our documentations only lead to the HERE domains (...api.here.com). Please be aware that Nokia/NLP domains will not be supported any more by end of 2016. Until than all customers latest have to switch to the HERE domains. The SSL certificates for the Nokia/NLP domains will expire by end of Q1 2016 so after this date SSL connections will create warning messages.
HERE Platform for Business Team