A series of enhancements and updates to the HERE Platform services are now available on our production environment. These enhancements are related to the following services:
Geocoder API, Traffic Data API, Custom Location Extension, Platform Data Extension, Toll Cost Extension, Fleet Connectivity Extension.
Summary of enhancements
- Geocoder API: Improved match quality in India, Mexico, Canada and USA
- Traffic Pattern tiles support has been extended to 12 new countries in EMEA
- Visual editing of POIs in the Admin GUI is added to CLE
- Improved cost optimized routing
Below, you can find detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
- India: Improved match rate in India by allowing more postal code matches instead of empty results.
- Mexico: Increased match quality and decreased ambiguity in address search with support for the larger (state) area postal code (first 2 digits + 3 trailing zeros).
- Mexico and Canada: Improved house number address matching by handling unqualified unit numbers (e.g. apartment or floor numbers) that accompany house numbers.
- USA: Improved matching and labeling by adding known-as names (KD zones) to the Geocoder search index and result.
- Disputed Borders: Added Reverse Geocoder view on Lake Malawi disputed area
Traffic Data API
- Incidents coverage information has been updated in the Developer’s Guide document
- Traffic Pattern tiles support has been extended to the following countries: Swaziland, Kenya, Lesotho, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Lithuania, Serbia, Latvia, Lebanon, Kazakhstan and Estonia.
Custom Location Extension API
- POIs can be edited visually in the Admin GUI.
- POIs can be geocoded before submitting into the layer.
- The positions of geocoded POIs can be visually corrected in the Admin GUI.
Platform Data Extension API
- Static layer ADMIN_REGULATIONS now also contains time zone and daylight saving info for the highest applicable admin places.
Toll Cost Extension API
- Improved cost optimized routing considering more route alternatives.
Fleet Connectivity Extension API
- New resource check_messages.json avoids repeated polling calls and notifies immediately after a message arrived.
HERE Platform for Business Team