A series of enhancements and updates to the HERE Platform services are now available on our production environment. These enhancements are related to the following services:
Geocoder API, Geocoder Autocomplete API, Public Transit API, HLP Routing API, Traffic Data API, Places API, Custom Location Extension, Platform Data Extension, Toll Cost Extension, Fleet Connectivity Extension and Route Match Extension.
Summary of enhancements
- Geocoder API: Improved match quality in Italy, Mexico and Finland
- HLP Router: improved bike routing service
- Toll Cost Extension: Added support for height above first axle
Below, you can find detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
- Italy: Improved tolerance when single words are omitted from multi word city names.
- Italy: Match rate and match precision improvements with address line-only support in Italy. Users can search for addresses with house number and street name without any locality indication.
- Mexico: Increased match quality by adding alternative city names to the Geocoder index.
- Finland: Improved address matching and address results by using Postal Area (PA) zone data.
HLP Routing API
- Altitude information, is available for bike routing when it is requested, with additional parameter: &returnelevation=true
- Enhancements to improve matching of POIs to Wikipedia articles.
- Includes Q2 2016 data for HERE Core, Supplemental and Extended Listing POIs.
- Includes global Public Transit locations, Arrival and Departure times in approximately 800 cities around the world (HERE Public Transit content from 5 May 2016).
Custom Location Extension API
- Added support for the route_id parameter by the corridor.json resource to allow corridor search on POI´s along a route.
- API changes: Starting with the 2016Q3 map release, we are moving the NAMES column out of the ROAD_GEOM_FCn layers into separate ROAD_NAME_FCn layers. This might require customers to adapt their software.
Platform Data Extension API
- Introduced a limitation of 100 requests per hour and 1000 requests per calendar day in the CIT environment for evaluation customers.
Toll Cost Extension API
- Added support for height above first axle.
- Improved specification of vehicle parameters to make it easier to understand for a human reader.
- Improved definition of start time to use the &departure=2016-06-09T16:26:00 request parameter instead of the &start_ts=2016-06-09T16:26:00 parameter for improved local time, timezone and daylight save time handling.
HERE Platform for Business Team