A series of enhancements and updates to the HERE Platform services are now available on our production environment. These enhancements are related to the following services:
Batch Geocoder API, Geocoder API, Geocoder Autocomplete API, HLP Routing API, Traffic API, Public Transit API, Positioning API, Custom Location Extension, Geofencing Extension, Fleet Connectivity Extension, Platform Data Extension, Route Match Extension and Toll Cost Extension.
Summary of enhancements:
- Improved house number and street name matches for specific formats in Geocoder API
- Geocoder Autocomplete API: added unit numbers support for complex addresses; added support of preferred response language for suggestions
- Increased the maximum number of WLAN access points in a request from 64 to 128 in Positioning API
- Proximity search now returns the matches sorted by distance in Custom Location Extension API
- Introducing Average ferry costs in Toll Cost Extension API
Below, you can find detailed information on these major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business services:
Batch Geocoder API
- Added support for the parameter minResults when making Reverse Geocode requests with mode=retrieveAddresses. The minResults parameter was only supported in requests with mode=retrieveAreas previously. The specified radius is ignored until the results exceed the value set in minResults.
- Corrected country shapes with respect to disputed areas for India and Crimea.
- Improved house number and street name matches for specific formats in Portland, OR (USA), Mannheim (Germany), and Estonia.
Geocoder Autocomplete API
- A new language parameter allows client applications to specify their preferred response language for suggestions.
- Added recognition of unit numbers for address queries in Australia, New Zealand and Canada where prefixing house numbers with a unit is common.
Public Transit API
- The Earlier/Later journey endpoint (.../metarouter/rest/routeservice/v2/mroute) is now being deprecated
- We increased the maximum number of WLAN access points in a request from 64 to 128.
- We renamed frequency to the more descriptive and precise channel in the CDMA neighbor object parameters.
- We added the new optional parameters channel and pnoffset to CDMA serving cell object.
- We added support for Content-Encoding: gzip in request headers.
Custom Location Extension API
- Proximity search now returns the matches sorted by distance - closest geometry first.
- The all.txt and all.json attribute based search functions can now be applied to multiple layers within one request.
Toll Cost Extension API
Introducing Average ferry costs
- For cost optimized routing, ferries now get penalized by an average cost, to avoid that ferry lines are used to create the cost optimized route although they also add cost.
- The average ferry cost values currently only distinguish between the vehicle type categories car, light truck and heavy truck. This will be refined in future versions.
- Since the ferry costs are not accurate, they get considered for route optimization, but are not returned explicitly as cost items.
The following services had new releases with minor changes:
- HLP Routing API (Version 7.2.78)
- Traffic API (Version 220.127.116.11)
- Geofencing Extension API (Version 1.2)
- Fleet Connectivity Extension API (Version 1.2.9)
- Platform Data Extension API (Version 1.6.8)
- Route Match Extension (Version 2.1.12)
HERE Platform for Business Team