Why use the Geocoder API?
The Geocoder API returns lists of results ranked by relevance for the following use cases:
- Find geo-location based on complete or partial address information. Address information can be in structured (qualified) or unstructured (single-line entry, un-qualified) form (for example, "street=425 W Randolph&city=Chicago" or "searchtext=425 W Randolph, Chicago").
- Find street intersection (for example, "Market @ Fell, San Francisco")
- Find address within geospatial area (for example, "searchtext=1 Market St&mapview=37.84491,-122.5040;37.7267,-122.3598").
- Find areas such as cities, states, counties, countries and postal codes (for example, "Springfield, IL", "London", "California").
- Find landmarks of national importance (for example, "Eiffel Tower").
- Get addresses or area information for a coordinate (for example, "41.8838 -87.6389")