Places Information makes it possible for the user to examine additional information about places returned by the Search and Discovery entrypoints. The user can decide to view the full details of a place or choose or view related places.
It is through the Places information step that users experience HERE's richest set of information relating to a place. Beyond the basics such as the place name, address, category and contact information, the user can access an extensible collection of information aggregated from multiple sources such as user reviews, images and editorial descriptions. Additionally, an information set about a specific place may contain links to other related places. Extended information may also come with a reference to the source of that information.
The following information about a place is always supported:
- Base Attributes – includes name, location, categories, contacts, and a category icon
The following attributes might be included with a place. Given several different factors (for example different suppliers of place information) , a place will have different kinds of additional attributes:
- Extended Attributes – includes information such as opening hours, payment methods, annual closing dates/times, and disabled access (note that this list is indicative, not complete)
- Images – includes third-party and user-provided images; source information includes image scaling
- Reviews – includes user-generated reviews and source information
- Editorial Descriptions – consists of third-party descriptions of a place, with source information
- Related Places Nearby – lists related places that may be of interest to the user
- Sharing URI – offers a link to the best available representation of the place on any operating system, platform, or device