What is the Routing API?
HERE Routing API is a web service API that offers easy and fast routing for several regions in the world.
The Routing API provides the following capabilities:
- Calculate a route for a set of waypoints
- Update a previously calculated route
- Calculate an area which can be reached by travelling a given distance or time
- Calculate a matrix of routes between many start points and destinations
The following static routing attributes are supported in all HERE digital map formats and are available in the Routing API:
- form of way (such as roundabouts, ramps, service roads)
- road numbers
- direction of traffic flow (such as one-way, two-way, divided highway)
- road condition
- network classifications
- blocked passages
- special restrictions
- restricted maneuvers
- toll roads
- speed categories
- built up areas
- carpool lanes (high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes)
- seasonal closures
The map contains information about time dependent restrictions. When a restriction is enforced during specific periods (i.e. in some hours of the day, or in some specific days, or a combination of the two) the restriction is avoided only when needed given that a departure time was specified in the request.
In addition, maps can be enhanced with
- pathways through parks, plazas, buildings, bridges, and tunnels
- public transport information
Note: Public Transport TimeTable Routing and Traffic Enabled Routing are features that may be subject to premium pricing. For details please contact your sales representative.
- transit line name
- transit company name
- transit station name
truck attributes information
- legal restrictions for trucks (no trucks allowed, turn restrictions for trucks)
- physical restrictions for trucks (weight, height, width and length)
- hazmat restrictions for trucks (trucks with hazardous materials forbidden, trucks with explosive and flammable materials forbidden, trucks with materials that are harmful to water forbidden)