The document introduces the HERE Weather API and:
- explains key concepts
- provides examples
- documents resources and query parameters
- documents response structures and data types
What Is the HERE Weather API?
The HERE Weather API is a RESTful API that:
- provides weather forecasts and reports on current weather conditions
- provides information on severe weather alerts
- provides information about when the sun and moon rise and set, and the phase of the moon
Weather Report Information
Examples of information that may be available in weather reports include:
- Descriptions of the overall weather, temperature, precipitation, and wind in supported languages
- Numerical data on temperature, humidity, dew point, precipitation, wind and visibility
- Forecast alerts, severe warnings and watches for supported alert types
- Icon name and link for the report
A weather report typically contains at least the temperature, comfort level, wind speed and direction, and a description, but there can be variation in the responses.
Why Use the HERE Weather API?
The HERE Weather API provides solutions for the following high-level use cases:
- Get current weather reports or weather forecasts for a specific location.
- Check for severe weather alerts at a specific location.
- Check when the sun and moon rise and set at a specific location.